Mayor George Ferguson came to see us in July to hear about our aims to set up a local community centre. Thanks to everyone who came along, especially to Suze for her speech expressing our needs and aims so well!
The Mayor sent us a letter on 11 August 2015 as a follow up from his visit. Here is a summary:
- He dealt with the lack of disabled parking bays in detail. Parking is free for disabled drivers at parking meters, but you might have to pay for parking in shopping centres.
- The Mayor gave us some useful information about how to deal with blocked cycle lanes on Hotwells Road.
- We should follow up his suggestion and contact the Merchant Venturers to ask for funding towards Linkage events in our area.
- He had no suggestions for a permanent home for our Community Centre, but we have contacted the Estate Agents he told us about.
- The space under Brandon House will not be available before Summer 2016.
- He was interested in the research that is being done by Jenny Ford. We want to thank Jenny for her enthusiasm, commitment, and support as well.
- Finally, the letter reflected that he had enjoyed his visit within the Cabot, Clifton and Clifton East Neighbourhood Partnership area.
Mayor George Ferguson donating a Bristol Pound to the cause